Hello y’all & welcome to the newly designed blog, Made to Love! If you’ve stumbled and read some of my posts before — welcome back & I apologize for abandoning this site. I was going through a major “writer’s block”, which was perhaps God’s way of telling me to step back and focus on other things.
Lately, however, that has changed — I have a new vision & passion for this lovely place & excited to see it blooms into. 🙂
Around the beginning of summer, I came across a song by Kari Jobe called “The Cause of Christ” and fell in love with the lyrics. It resonated inside me. I wanted this song to be my anthem. Why would I not?
The only thing I want in life is to be known for loving Christ,
to build His church, to love His bride, and make His name known far and wide.
To hear the whole song, you can go here.
But, how was I going to do this?
I grew a bit discouraged with everything I had on my plate at the time, volunteering more of my time out of the question. Looking back now, my activities seemed rather selfish than selfless.
It was time for a purge.
Purging is a wonderful thing, which I’ve grown to love the more I mature. If only you saw my room and dresser drawers in middle and high school. Hey, you never knew when that random empty mint tin would come in handy or have a place to eventually put the cute bunny porcelain set. Anyways, pardon the rabbit trail; but now I can say the activities in my life are fewer and more enjoyable.
Life happenings now?
- I’m still in the NICU at a big hospital here town, loving it, and completing my BSN in nursing through an online program.
- I enjoy singing in the choir at Community Bible Church.
- I’m pleased that BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) has kicked off a new semester in Romans.
- I have picked up a new hobby — running/jogging and will be running in my first 5k this weekend.
- I have enjoyed volunteering a couple random Saturdays at an assisted living.
- And, of course, kicking this blog back off & building relationships through it.
I’m just excited to see what this new season has in store. Speaking of seasons, I just love fall in general … and winter, but one season at a time. 🙂
Soli Deo Gloria,